Friday, September 18, 2009
I see some of my friends who are having it alot worse, but hey in the end it will all be worth it and we will all look back and not even think about the "hard times" but we will all look at how blessed we are =] I go back to the doctor in 2 weeks which I will be 35 1/2 weeks! I'm ready to hear if I will have a c-section or actually go through labor! I'm thinking c-section, but hey I'm not the one with M.D. at the end of my name!!!
Thursday, September 10, 2009
* No more fried food- indigestion BADDDDD!
* Have gained about 26 pounds, but I feel like I have gained 90!
* We are now in single digit weeks until our sweet baby boy arrives! May even be sooner than 8 weeks!!!
* Our house should be complete around October 1! Thank goodness- the last thing we are waiting on is the counter top installation...whoo-hoo!
* I have been told (more like "warned" to me) that Parker is going to be a "large" baby, but has now been changed to be will be "BIG." Which basically means it's looking like he will be 9+ pounds! Whew! Oh well, it will all be worth it when I get to hold my baby boy!
* Did not have "cravings" until about 2 weeks ago and now all I want is a cold sandwich or salad...yummo!
* Childbirth classes are a MUST! I love them...we only have two left and I am kinda sad =[
* BEYOND excited that one of my besties is pregnant! Although I am almost through my pregnancy, she and I will get to enjoy it together for about 2 months total then I will be there for her with whatever she needs! Her and Derek are going to be WONDERFUL parents =] I can't wait to find out what baby Graves will be- I'm going on record and saying GIRL, but who knows! This is going to be the best 9 months of her life- advice to you Rosie: enjoy it because it will FLY by!
* I go back to the doctor on September 16 and should have a better ETA for Parker! He might be earlier than Nov 2. if I have to have a c-section due to his size! I'll DEF. let y'all know!
Love you all =]
Monday, August 31, 2009
After lunch, we headed to Bass Pro Shop -again I love these two stores. My feet were killing me, so we decided to head to our hotel and lounge for a bit! When we got there, I was over lounging! Haha! I wanted to go walk and be "tourists". Well, that didn't last cuz it was that time for my hubby- what time you might ask? Beer time! We went to the Irish Pub right across from our hotel, and I got to people watch while Cody enjoyed his beers and cigar! Then we watched the game then off to bed we went! It was the perfect weekend =]
I love you very much and thank God everyday that I am blessed to be your wife!
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Monday, August 3, 2009
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
August 22- One of my amazing friends Lindsey is throwing me a baby shower! She and I have been friends for forever it seems- honestly it is like 12+ years that I have been able to call her a friend! She came to me and said she wanted to throw me a shower, and I was so thankful! I can't wait...knowing her it will be a ton of fun! Thanks Lunds =]
August 30- Hello- where has the past year gone??? Mine and Cody's one year is coming up August 30! It is so crazy to sit back and reflect on the past year! Being married to Cody has been wonderful! I love being able to call him my husband but more importantly calling him the father of my child!
September 20- I will officially be an old hag! Yes, I will be turning 26! Good grief!
September 26- Rosie and Amber are throwing me another baby shower! This one is a themed party- bedtime stories! Should be so much fun! I can't wait =]
~ "Friends are the most important ingredient in this recipe of life." Thanks guys, I love you all!!!
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Due date- My due date has been moved up 6 days...Parker was measuring further along that what my "original" due date measurements were, so Dr. Seirafi moved me up to November 2! I can't wait- it should be here before we know it! Time has definitely flown by!!!
Me- You can definitely tell that I am prego now! I don't even have a chance of trying to hide it if I wanted to- but I would never try and hide it...I love every minute of it! You can tell exactly where he is in my belly due to how I am carrying!
Thursday, July 16, 2009
The doctor took a lot of pictures of the 4 chamber heart (that looked great he said), pictures of the brain (again looked great), pictures of his noggin (looked great- big like his daddy's), his tummy (great), a picture of him smiling (cute =]), pictures of his femour (great), and a picture assuring us that he was indeed a little boy! He said that everything looked great and that we were having a healthy and BIG/TALL little boy! I swear his feet are already the size of mine! I am 23 weeks and 4 days prego today- I have gained 15 pounds which they say is normal- actually he said it was a little under, but I was healthy so it was fine! Sunday will be 24 weeks=6 months! I remember like it was yesterday when I took a test out of curiosity hoping to God that it would come back positive. 6 months later I am carrying one of God's greatest creations! I am about to enter into my third trimester and surprised to say that my pregnancy journey has gotten easier over time- I have heard that it gets harder! I am very achy in my lower back area, which the dr. said is normal due to how I am carrying! OMG- So the doctor said before hand that the average baby's weight right now was around 1.10 pounds...well, Parker weighs 1.70- big baby on the way! Haha!
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Parker's room- Can I just tell you that I might want to have his room??? It is going to be so cute! I found a picture online of this nursery that one wall was painted like a fire station! IT is so cute and is going to be perfect with the bedding and rest of the decor I got! Yes, Rosie I know- I need to not buy everything and save stuff for the shower- but girl, you know me well enough to know that I can't do that! Parker has enough clothes right now to last him a year and never have to wear the same thing twice- I know it's a sickness! BUT, with him being born in November- I am getting all of the off-season stuff CHEAP! So it works out perfectly!!!
HOPEFULLY, we will be moving to our new residence around September! I can't wait!
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
“Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart”
" Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things"
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
8 Things I am Looking Forward to:
* Meeting our little son, Parker!!!
* Moving into our new house =]
* Watching my husband be a terrific father!!!!!
* Being able to intensely workout again!
* There to be a freeze in TEXAS- ha, funny I know!
*To watch one of my dearest friends be a great God-mom to Parker- he is very lucky!!!
* Our one year wedding anniversary!
* Taking a big vacay next year- hopefully with our friends or with my Dad and Carla =]
8 Things I did Yesterday:
* Cleaned house again- I'm wayyy obsessed now!
* Got us Little Caesars for dinner- mmmmmm! Me and Parker were happy =]
* Answered a million phone calls at work
* Loved on my doggies
* Went to our new house to see the progress
* Slept like a baby last night- first night in a while!
* Watched the Bachelorette =]
8 Things I Wish I Could Do:
* Have a singing career
* Either be a nurse or teacher so I could be around kids 24/7
* Have an unlimited bank account to shop all the time =] =] Cody would kill me though!
* Live right beside all of my friends so I could see them EVERYDAY!
* Go to Paris, France
* Try to help one of best friends with her journey- although she of all people does not need it! She is one of the strongest people I know!
* Lay out all day and sip on diet cokes and parrot bay!
* Play softball and volleyball again
8 Shows I Enjoy:
* The bachelorette
*Real World Cancun
* FOOD NETWORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
* Real Housewives- love them all!!!!
* Any movie on Lifetime
* Two and a half Men
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”
"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
"Friends are God's way of taking care of us."
"Best friends are like diamonds, precious and rare
False friends are like leaves, found everywhere."
"Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are."
"A smile is the light in the window of your face that tells people you're at home. "
"Happiness comes when your work and words are of benefit to yourself and others."
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
Monday, June 29, 2009
Let me just say that I was super excited about dinner! I have heard nothing but great things about Chart House! Anyone going to San Antonio soon must try it out! It is very similar to Reunion Tower in Dallas! Yes, it was pricey, BUT for the atmosphere and food...totally worth it! We were 75 stories up...it was wayyyy high! The whole restaurant was revolving while we were eating! Cody's food look amazing. He said it was the best prime rib and lobster he has EVER eaten in his life. MY food was heaven on earth! I had parmesan crusted snapper with crab on top and it was all in a garlic butter- DIVINE =]
Then we went back to our room at 9:30 and ordered some movie that was a stupid $13.99 and fell asleep 10 minutes into it...haha I was pooped and he was a tiny bit tipsy! All in all it was a fun and very different trip down to San A for us, but definitely what we both needed! Can't wait for the 4th! YAY!
Friday, June 26, 2009
* Can't sleep late anymore to save my life- those of you who knew me well, know that this was something I did well- sleep late! Now I go to bed at 11 and wake up at 4...then lay there til 6! Boo!
*Like Tiffany and Rosie both, I check my alarm probably 15 times before I finally go to sleep...I'm OCD on that now!
*I have become obsessive with doing laundry...when Cody and I take clothes off they go straight to the washer to be washed...it irks me for them to sit in a basket now!
*Chinese food- totally out! Gag me! No thanks...never again!
*It irritates the living crud out of me to be like even 2 minutes late somewhere! I'm a very punctual person!
*Love, love, love the lake, beach and pools, BUT not so much a big swimmer- can someone please explain this to me!
*My dream jobs would either be a teacher or labor and delivery nurse- how fun! I love kids with everything I have and think these two jobs would be so rewarding!
*OBSESSED with diet dr. pepper and water! Yum Yum!
*Hated sweets and ice cream before Parker, now I'm borderline obsessed!
*Scared to death to fly! Sends chills down my spine on the way to the airport!
*I am thankful for everything that has come my way. Be it bad or good, it has helped mold and shape me into the person I am today! I strive to be the best wife I can be and hope that I can be half of the mother to Parker and future children that my mom is
*Motherhood- can't wait! Most importantly I can't wait for my friends to be right there with me and get to see them go through everything! From morning sickness to headaches, to ultrasounds and good dr. appointments, I CAN'T WAIT to hear that they are at this point! I know it will happen- God is still just working on the perfect baby for them!
*Friends- I have the best, hands down! Some of them are my best friends and some that I have not known for very long, BUT they are truly remarkable people. Two of them especially for their strength and courage! The trials they have endured would have broken some people, nope not them! It made them stronger individuals, encouraging partners for the husbands, and a friendship that you would not think could get stronger...has! I am grateful to be a part of their lives and to call them "friends". You two know who you are...I don't have to name names- and based upon the description I wrote- I'm sure anyone who knows these two knew right off the bat who I was talking about! Y'all are true examples of angels on earth!
Those are just a few little facts that I could think of about myself! Love you all =]
Thursday, June 25, 2009
I could not be more excited!! This took some time and a little more work then Cody and I had expected, but in the end it worked out, and we now have a house of our own! It is perfect for the two of us (soon to be three)! I'm 100% glad that the process is over though- we had some bumps in the road but it was all worth it! I'll put up before pictures soon (we are changing a LOT of stuff to it). I'm wayyy picky! Haha! But I do have to say that I love fixer-upper houses...you can totally customize it to your taste! Can't wait to move in and invite everyone over! MUAH!!!!!!!
Monday, June 22, 2009
Ok, I think I am starting to figure out the blogging world =] Yay, about time!!!
Well, Cody and I made a big decision the other day to switch doctors! It was VERY hard for me...I'm not really one up for change! One of my dearest friends, Rosie, has been through alot with the same doctor. She went and had a second opinion and based upon that visit it confirmed to me and my husband that a change was definitely needed! I am very excited/nervous to change, BUT you have to look at the bigger picture about what is not only right for you but also what is right for your baby! So, I go on June 30 to Dr. Serafi (spelling?) and could not be more excited! I have heard WONDERFUL things about him! Yay for a new chapter in Baby Parker and our lives!